Mobius is the Make Impact Consortium’s mobile-friendly web-based portal for consortium member universities to access valuable tools and resources.
It provides students, facility managers and administrators with a holistic understanding of their university’s entire maker ecosystem. As more students join a maker community, they want to know where to find the tools they need, and how to access the spaces that are available to them. Mobius provides the perfect solution to make it fun and easy to find equipment and makerspaces on your campus.
Mobius web portal
The Mobius web portal is available to all members of the consortium. Its features and capabilities are constantly evolving, and it currently provides users the ability to:
- Discover machines and makerspaces
- Search the database of machines at your university and around the world based on:
• Materials you need to work with
• Machine type
• Machine capabilities
- Access via a mobile friendly site
- Get Machine and Shop Details including location, status and contact information
Mobius custom web portal
The Mobius custom web portal adds extra features for schools looking for a more integrated experience and additional capabilities to support their students:
- Integration with you school’s Single-Sign-On (SSO)
- School specific logo and color scheme
- Student training credentials, endorsements and flags
A Mobius custom web portal also provides the foundation for additional future integrations, such as payments for supplies and materials accessed through Mobius and processed through your school’s payment processor of choice.
The consortium members will prioritize the following features and add to the backlog:
- Student connections
- Equipment booking
- Others as requested by consortium members
The following are hardware integrations that we are considering at MIT, and would definitely share if completed:
- Access controls/lock out based on credentials (would require local hardware setup as well)
- In shop credential display boards