Receiving Mail from email@example.com
Microsoft Outlook and Office 365
The Make Impact Consortium uses the HubSpot CRM for mailing lists and member mailings. We have found that Microsoft’s email protection services will sometimes flag mail from HubSpot as Junk. If your university uses Office 365 or Microsoft email protection services, try the following work-arounds to allow mail from the consortium.
If you use Outlook for Windows to read your mail
Outlook for Windows users can create allow lists directly from their email program:
- Select a mail message from firstname.lastname@example.org (you can do this before or after you move it out of your Junk folder)
- From the Junk button on your toolbar, select Never Block Sender
You can review and manage your allow list in Outlook for Windows by selecting Junk Email Options from the Junk menu in your toolbar, then navigating to the Safe Senders tab in the options dialog.
If you do not use Outlook for Windows to read your mail
If you use a different email program, such as Outlook for Mac, you can use Microsoft’s Office 365 web email interface to manage your allow list:
- In your web browser, navigate to outlook.office365.com and sign into your organization Office 365 account
- Once you are in Outlook for the Web, click on the Gear icon in the upper right to open your Settings side panel
- Click the View All Outlook Settings link at the bottom of the side panel
- Navigate to Mail > Junk Mail
- Add email@example.com to the Safe Senders and Domains list and close your settings dialog